Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Anniversary Post




10 years. We made it. Next goal- 20 years! JD and I recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We had a low key today which included calls from all of my siblings, most of them joking that they couldn't believe JD had put up with me that long. We took the kids out to the local creemee stand as we'd be leaving them for the weekend. The next morning, we headed to Maine. I had never been, and JD hadn't been since he was a kid. We had a great time outlet shopping, going to the beach, checking out different little towns on the coast, eating seafood, and even mini-golfing. It was really nice to be free from responsibility, but we were both ready to come home after we'd been gone for two nights.

10 years have brought many changes. When we got married I was 20 and still in college. My dad was alive and wheeled me down the aisle. He passed away 8 years ago. JD has had a few different jobs, but is now back with the same company he was with when we were dating. We've lived in an apartment and three different houses, three different towns. We have three kids that we're responsible for. Some things are the same; JD is still my best friend. Marriage is hard work, and things haven't always been easy, but it has truly gotten better with time and I love him more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment