Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Catching Up

The last time I blogged, several months ago (!), we had just gotten a bunny.  The bunny lives with the chickens and goats.  Our other bunny left the safe zone of the pasture and hasn't been seen in a week or so.  :(

Now we have a puppy.  We didn't need a puppy.  They are a lot of work.  And if they are a Saint Dane (St. Bernard/Great Dane cross)  they will get really big and eat a lot of food.  But we couldn't resist his cute face.  So he's ours.



The pictures above were taken when we first got him.

He's 3 months old now and already 50 pounds!



Oh, and then we got a horse.  He lives up at my aunt's house, so she takes care of him in the morning, and we go up every afternoon/evening to take care of him.  His name is Charlie, and Ryley is in love.



Other events of our lives since I last blogged:

Color Vibe 5k:


Benefit Pull:
My brother and other family members and friends organize this annual tractor and truck pull 
to raise money for families in need.  

My brother Trav and his family came from Ohio.
Here, Quin and cousin Gauge are hanging out at the pull.


Gauge's 2nd Birthday:

Gauge loved his cake, another creation by my friend Julia!
Quin, on the other hand, cried when we cut it.



This was the first time these cousins were all together.
My kids and my brothers' kids.





The past couple of months have been a bit of a blur.   We sold the plow truck and JD has officially "retired" from being the plow guy.  He has a work truck to use as part of his job, and not having a second vehicle to worry about has been nice.  

The big kids played soccer and are now playing basketball.  I could probably find some soccer pictures if I tried hard enough.  BUT if I don't just go ahead and hit "publish" it could be another month before I do so.  I'm going to be better about posting.  I'm going to be better about posting.  I'm going to be better about posting.

1 comment: