Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Things I love

It's raining out. Again. I'm stuck inside with mountains of laundry waiting to be folded, carpets covered with dog hair in desperate need of a good vacuum, and clutter that should be cleared off the counters and table and put in its rightful place. Instead of getting started on my long to-do list, I'm sitting here and enjoying the peace. All of my boys are sleeping at 3 in the afternoon. This never happens. Quin is napping because he's a baby and that's what they do. Zeke is napping because he's exhausted from the busy week we've had and fell asleep on the way home from town. JD is napping because he has worked incredibly long days all week, including working 8 hours this morning before 1 p.m. Ryley is playing quietly in the toy room.


When it's quiet, you hear things that you normally don't pay attention to. I hear the the rain dripping off of the roof, a neighbor using an excavator, our bunny, Ruby, making some kind of racket in her cage, and every so often, a car traveling down on the main road. It's kind of nice to enjoy the sounds I usually don't listen for.


I've added some pictures of my family doing things that I love.



I love that Zeke loves his little brother and that they can even sometimes "play" together. I love how Ryley is such a big help with Quin, and can even feed him if necessary.


I love looking out the window and seeing this.


I love that my girl loves animals as much as her dad and doesn't just put up with them like I do.


I love my baby's smile, how happy he is when I wrap him in a towel, and how proud he is of every new thing he figures out, like how to sit on the hearth.


I love little fires on the patio and making s'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment