Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

1.  I need sleep!  I realized at 7:50 that I could be in bed by 8:00.  The boys are sleeping, Ryley is reading in bed, and JD is at the shop replacing something in his truck (I'm not sure what, but it causes a puddle of something on the garage floor every morning.)  But then I decided to check facebook one last time, then to see if it was my turn on any of the online Scrabble games I'm playing with distant relatives, and finally my email.  The email slowed me down from shutting my eyes by 8:00 as I had some funny ones from my colleagues.  Speaking of which...

2.  I love my job.  I love that I am friends with my fellow teachers and with most of the parents of my students.  I love that we're a small school and everyone knows everyone else.  I love that I don't dread going to work every morning.  I love that I get to see two, and someday three, of my kids throughout the day even though they are at school and I am at work.  (I am already nervous about how it will go when they are both in my class though...)

3.  I'm excited for the weekend.  Tomorrow afternoon we have in-service and get to learn about how to align the new Common Core standards with our student objectives.  I'm not jumping up and down about that.  I'm looking forward to attending Cocktails Curing Cancer in the evening though.  You can read more about that on my awesome-cancer surviving-half marathon running-friend Christa's blog.  I'll be supporting her in a walk (American Cancer Society- Making Strides) next month.  I haven't done a lot of fundraising because I H-A-T-E asking people for money, but I do believe it's for a necessary cause as we all know someone who has been affected by breast cancer, so if you feel led to help raise money to find a cure, let me know, and I will let you know how you can donate.  Also, if anyone is in the area, and would like to walk, we'd love to have more people on our team!

8:30- Eyelids are drooping.  Goodnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment