Thursday, October 25, 2012

Making Strides

Our weekend included being a part of Rutland, Vermont's first ever Making Strides event.  I've walked with Christa the past two years in Burlington, VT, but we moved to Rutland this year since she was helping out with the organization of the event there.

Our team (I came up with this myself) was Tutus for Tatas (and apparently not everyone recognizes Tatas as another words for Boobies).  The first year I walked, Christa was part of another team.  The second year, we made our own team, but there were only 4 of us on it.  This year, we renamed ourselves, invited others to join, took our families along, wore tutus, and ended up with a pretty good crowd.  We were the second team for fundraising and Christa was the top individual fundraiser.  At last count, the event raised over $73,000!

Tutus for Tatas!
That's us with the stroller and the two kiddos beside it.


Ryley shared her pink shirts with her brothers, and Quin even brought a pink blankie instead of his usual blue or yellow.  We went down after church, so we barely made it on time, and I wasn't able to take many pictures.  By the time it was done, it was raining and Quin had soaked through his britches, so the camera stayed put away.  I was able to steal a couple pictures from the event photographer and from a friend who was there.



Quin enjoyed his pink ribbon cupcake!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to use some of my pictures but I didn't take that cute one at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am I doing in our group shot. I look horrible, photo shop me out.

    ReplyDelete