Thursday, December 27, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year!

Actually, I prefer summer, but that has to do with the temperature outside and not Christmas!

Christmas 2012

There are so many things to love about Christmas.
Number one is the reason for Christmas.  When I was little, I had a pin that said "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" and that's as true for me now as it was back then.  Number two is family.  I love getting together with our families and extended families for gatherings that only happen this time of year.  Then of course, there is vacation from school, gift giving, the music, the food, and so much more!

On the last day of school before a break, many of my students came in with gifts.  Within days (an hour in some cases), JD, the kids, and I finished off homemade Chex mix and caramel popcorn, fudge, Lindt chocolate, and many more goodies.  I also received homemade gifts from students which are always treasured.  We had a small party as a class, made Helping Hands for Sandy Hook Elementary School, and then said our goodbyes until the new year.  I then had a nice, long visit with a good friend- the perfect start to my long vacation.

We enjoyed all of our family get togethers, big and small, and our kids were spoiled (not by us!) and are enjoying their gifts very much.  We got to meet our niece Marley, a little cutie.  It was also our nephew Braxton's first Christmas.  At each gift exchange, Quin liked his first present so much that he wasn't interested in opening anymore.  Ry and Zeke were more than happy to help him out.


Zeke really wanted a Pogo Ball!


Quin loves his Wheelies


and his new bike

and giving cousin Boone rides in his dump truck

Tired out.


I had hoped to be extremely productive the day after Christmas, but ended up super sick Christmas night and didn't get any sleep (seriously, zero minutes of sleep).  JD had to work all day, but my mom came over and helped me for a while in the afternoon, and the kids were pretty cooperative all day.  The following night I slept well and feel pretty much back to normal now.

We finally got snow today!  We haven't had this much snow in almost two years.  JD has been out plowing since 5:30 a.m. (It's almost 10 p.m. right now).  Although we've learned not to depend on plow money, it will make things less stressful financially.  The kids had fun out in it today, and tomorrow will be more of the same.

Ryley has a friend over for the night, Zeke is having a sleepover with cousin Max from Nantucket, and I have a busy day tomorrow that I'm not ready for.  I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. I want to be the good friend you catch up with soon.
    Seriously Quin is so big, when did he grow?

    ReplyDelete