Monday, April 8, 2013

Hello, April.

The first week of one of my favorite months was filled with crazy busyness.  Baseball and wrestling overlapped for Zeke, Ry started softball and had 4-H, I had report cards to deal with, I hosted Book Club, and JD started getting much busier at work.

Saturday was supposed to be Zeke's last wrestling tournament, but it didn't work out for me to bring him, so I had a day at home with the kids instead.  We were really productive and when JD got home, we ran to the box store across the lake for clear organizing totes for Operation Basement.

A few reasons I'm excited about April:
-My birthday!
-Warm(er) weather
-Family vacay with friends to Myrtle Beach (I've never been)
-Baseball and softball craziness with the kiddos
-Not packing snow pants, boots, hats, gloves, etc. every day

I signed up for two 5ks!  I did one 5k in 2011 and one in 2012, so already signing up for two is an improvement.  I've been running short distances on my treadmill sporadically and went for my first outside run yesterday.  Zeke's been wanting to run a 5k, so I wanted to see if he could run that far.  We headed towards Julia's house, just under 3 hilly miles away, and we made it (without walking), so, at age 7, he's signed up for his first 5k!  The 5k that he'll be doing with me is in May.  It's the same one I did last year.  (That race recap is here.)

The second isn't until September, but I'm already looking forward to it.  It's a Color Vibe run and only about 20 minutes away.  So far we have a team of 18 people planning on running.  If you're local, join the fun!

(image from thecolorvibe.com)

4 comments:

  1. I love April for all the same reasons, except that it's not my birthday month! But I get to help celebrate yours, so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about the color run. Do a post about it to tell more. Have you done one before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for the color run, not sure about the Apple Blossom Derby. Go Zeke!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete