Thursday, August 22, 2013

3 Days, 10 Years, Many Tears

There are three days of the year in which the pain of losing my dad is more intense.

December 12.  August 22.  Fathers Day.

December 12 is my dad's birthday.  I think of him, of the age he would be, and what our lives would be like if he were still in them.  I think of the fantastic grandpa he'd be to my kids and how things would be so different.

August 22 is the day he died, the day we lost him forever until we meet again in Heaven.  I think of all the time that has gone by and how much he has missed, especially the arrivals of his five grandchildren.

Fathers Day is, well, Fathers Day, and I don't have my dad here to celebrate.

I cry on these days.  Texts from siblings, posts on Facebook, they all make me tear up.  But they're good, too.  I know I'm not alone, that others miss him as much as I do, love him as much I do.

10 years.  Today it has been ten years since he died.  I can't believe he's been gone that long, that we've missed his "whisker rubs" and bear hugs for that long.

(I need a scanner.  Pardon the pictures of pictures.)



Me and Dad at my college graduation in 2002.


Dad as I remember him most before ALS.


We visited his grave today.
We remember him always.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your dad like he was in front of the blue truck. He will always be in my memory like that. And so will his fantastic sense of humor and love of his family. I only met him a few times and yet he is ingrained there. God bless you as you continue to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete