Sunday, September 8, 2013

The end of summer

School has started.  I'm back at work.  We're getting up early.  Summer is over.

Day 1 and Day 3

Our school opened a new preschool, and Quin made the age cutoff by two weeks, so I get to take all of my crew to school with me!

We celebrated the boys' birthdays with one big party.  We invited mostly family and a couple friends' families and had a lovely afternoon.  Zeke wanted Star Wars so we had a variety of Star Wars themed snacks (thanks to Pinterest- I know NOTHING about Star Wars).  Quin is into trains, so Julia made him the following cake.  He didn't want us to cut it!  My boys are 8 and 3 now- hard to believe.


Zeke ran the local 5k and got third place in his age group.  He was pretty psyched.  I was on Quin-duty and enjoyed being a spectator.  His time:  28:26.4


Ry and JD participated in one last draft horse show and they came away with three red ribbons.  Ryley did a great job and has improved in all areas since the same show last year.


And Quin, oh what a guy.  I was extremely nervous about him going to school, mostly potty training concerns.  I spent almost every waking moment on it with him, especially the pulling up his undies and shorts and not running around the house naked part...  And he's done great!  A few meltdowns on day 1, but good reports otherwise, and no potty issues.  Yay!

We're adjusting to earlier mornings and busier days.  We've fit in visits with out-of-town cousins from Nantucket and California.  JD is keeping busy at work and we don't see him much during the week.  Zeke has started playing soccer.  Ryley has a new pet.  Quin continues to be a busy, busy boy.  Summer is over, but life is still good!

4 comments: