Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Temperature Drop

Last week was absolutely beautiful.  The weather was unseasonably warm with record temperatures Sunday-Thursday.  I didn't catch all of the previous records, but some were from the late 1800's and, with 80+ degree temperatures, were broken by more than 20 degrees!  The kids and I went back to the park.  The big kids biked, and I jogged with Quin in the stroller.  He's quite independent, so I let him get out and walk for awhile.  I went back on Friday afternoon with Christa and we jogged/walked out to the point and back.  It's so much easier to be active when you have someone there with you!









Lake Champlain





By Saturday, the weather had cooled considerably and I spent most of the day indoors. We had a mini Thanksgiving feast for dinner, and I planned my meals for this week around the leftover turkey, so we're trying things like Turkey Tetrazzini and Turkey Spinach Lasagna.

This week has been much cooler and the kids are wearing hats and winter coats again at recess and we've kept the wood stove going in the house.  Last week was a wonderful sneak peak of the summer, and makes me anxious for the higher temps to come back and stay.

1 comment:

  1. Next time we run out to the point we need pictures! I don't like this weather, snow on my birthday are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete