Monday, June 11, 2012

Start of Summer

I know that summer doesn't technically start until later this month, but for teachers and students and parents of students, summer begins the day that school lets out.  That was last Monday for this crew.  I wasn't quite done as a teacher; I had report cards to do, a classroom to clean, and school events for three evenings.  I'm done now, and it feels great!

Summer is off to a great start.  I took the kids hiking up Mount Philo on Thursday.  I carried Quin in the Ergo, and the big kids and their friend Ian walked.  The little man was quite content until we headed down the mountain.  He started fussing, Ryley fell and scraped her elbow, he started screaming, she was crying, I had used up all of the wipes when changing a diaper at the top, she was bleeding, I let him walk a bit, he fell, he started crying...  He cried the whole way down the mountain and then the whole ride home.  Usually he's great in the car, but he was so exhausted he just cried.  When we got home I put him in his crib and he closed his eyes before I was out of his room.  I'm not the kind of mom that plans my entire day around nap time, but in some cases, maybe I should.























Our next adventure is a camping trip.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment