Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Seven

1.  We planted our garden (four 4x8 raised beds) last weekend.  We've had just the right amount of sunshine and rain and everything has come up!

2.  JD's sister and her boys, our Nantucket nephews, were up for a week.  We saw them a couple of times, and Zeke especially had fun playing with his cousin Max.

3.  The Memorial Day parade in Vergennes was a family affair.  JD drove the tractor that pulled our school float.  I walked and the kids rode.

Waiting for the parade to start

Tired of waiting...


Quin spent most of the parade on Ryley's lap



4.  Baseball/softball is still going on.  I'll be happy to have a less busy evening schedule in another week or so.






5.  We are working on building a chicken coop.  We turned half of our shed into a coop last weekend.  We built the nesting boxes this weekend.  Next up are roosts and a penned in area outside.  I'm excited about the fresh eggs, and I'm enjoying the building, but I have vowed that I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THE CHICKENS.  That means no egg collecting, feeding, etc.  Not only do I think birds are gross, I'm afraid of getting pecked.

6.  Our laundry room got a makeover this week.  Dick painted it for us, JD and I put new baseboards down, stained the window, painted the shelf, made a bulletin board out of a Goodwill cork board and some burlap, and built a second shelf.  I love it!

Before.  Imagine the washer and dryer in the picture below and the shelf above them au natural.

After.  Paint!  The shelf/rack to the right is for the kids' school uniforms


7.  I have a half day of school tomorrow.  At 11:30 a.m. on Monday, June 4, Summer will have officially arrived for this teacher and her kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. Seven has always been my favorite number in life! Thanks for a great year, Lu! :o)

    ReplyDelete