Friday, January 27, 2012

Just another Friday

I was looking forward to book club tonight, a late night out with the girls, with JD putting the kiddos to bed long before I got home.  I actually finished the book this time-When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.  It's definitely a discussion starter, and I anticipated actually discussing the book for longer than 10 minutes this time.  Sadly, our hostess is close to losing a family member, so as a result, book club was postponed.

With no back up plan, I decided to just stay home with the crew.  I'm on a no-spending spree as of today, so the safest place for me is home.  Tomorrow's plans to go rock climbing were also postponed due to one of the would-be climber's cracked ribs, and again, the no-spending spree.  Instead, our friends are coming here for dinner, which means I have a reason to clean my house.  For some reason, our master bath and bedroom are always the last to get any attention.  It's too easy to just shut the door and let people wonder what state those rooms are in.  I'm embarrassed to say that they're usually pretty bad.  For that reason, I started there with my cleaning.  Now I just need to figure out a way to keep them that way.

Before the cleaning binge began, JD and I took the crew for a walk in the woods behind our house.  Quin didn't necessarily enjoy the ride in the Ergo, but it's so much easier than trying to carry him, and it was way to slushy/cold for him to walk.





Twice a year, we have to haul out Brodie's old kennel due to a little issue that JD and I refer to as "puppy period."  The kennel was hauled out today and Quin enjoyed playing in it (no grossness in it, I promise).


The big kids asked to sleep downstairs, and since it isn't a school night, and I didn't have a good reason not to let them, it was okayed.



Oh, and I did finish Week 4 of C25K.  Onto Week 5 tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. No spending huh?? Saving so we can go somewhere warm in April??? I'm getting ready to do my long run outside, the sun is out and it seems warmish;) I too was looking forward to book club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!! Are you planning on doing a specific 5K?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should do the Shoreham one in May with you :)

      Delete