Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No more excuses

I've decided to stop making excuses for why I'm not running, or doing anything physically active, for that matter. This little poster that I saw might have pushed me a little:


Yeah, that's probably true.


And that is true, too.  Personalized for me, the poster should say, "THE HARDEST STEP FOR A WANNABE RUNNER IS THE FIRST ONE ONTO THE TREADMILL DREADMILL."

So, excuses aside, I got on the treadmill Sunday night about 9 p.m. when I really just wanted to go to bed and get my necessary minimum of 8 hours of sleep before starting the work week.  I started week 4 of the nine week Couch to 5K plan that I successfully completed last year before giving up running.  On Tuesday, I forced myself to get out of bed earlier than the latest-possible-moment and did the second day of week 4.  My plan is to do the early mornings on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I can leave later for school on these days because my sister comes right to the house to watch Quin) and find time to run once on the weekends.

Goal:  Finish the C25K program and then keep it up so that I can run a 5k whenever I desire.


4 comments:

  1. Yay!! How about the one we did last year again this year? I think the date is March 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you read my blog. Thanks for the nice comment. And you will meet that 5K goal. Getting up early - in my book- is the hardest part. For some reason I can get up early to go swim but not run. I get up to go to the gym early maybe once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I can get to the 5k; I just hope I don't quit once I reach that goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about that one Christa-- It was sooooo cold!

    ReplyDelete