Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cremees and Mountains

On Friday afternoon, I dropped Ryley off at my aunt's to do "horse stuff" and spend the night.  I took the boys and met up with Christa at Goodies for our first creemees (soft-serve ice-cream for non-Vermonters) of the year.  Our favorite snack bar opened this weekend and we were down there within 15 minutes of opening time.  We had maple creemees, and at $.87, they're not a budget breaker :)


Quin had been sick for a few days and was happy to be outside.


Here's hoping Zeke doesn't get sick after sharing his ice-cream with Quin.


Christa! 


Me and my baby

Then it was off to the benefit auction for our school.  We had a sitter lined up, but with Quin being sickly, JD stayed home with him.  It was a great night with yummy desserts and good friends!

On Saturday I delivered our patio set about an hour north of here.  I was a little nervous that once I got there, the buyers wouldn't be around or would change their mind, but it was a quick, easy transaction.  We stopped for milkshakes at McD's because we had some time to kill before picking Pa up from dialysis.  It turned out to be a good thing that we had that time because I locked the keys in the truck.  Oops.  JD's dad came and rescued us and we made it to dialysis on time.

A quick stop at a yard sale resulted in softball cleats for Ry, 2 pairs of sneaks for Zeke, and 3 books for me for a grand total of $3.30.  That made Goodwill look expensive, but we found some nice jeans and a brand new pair of cords for Quin, hockey skates for the kids to grow into, and a cash box that I plan to use for bake sales at school.  $11 spent there.

JD's mom came and watched the kids so that we could attend another benefit last night.  We had a great time visiting with friends that we don't see nearly enough.  

This afternoon, I took the big kids and we hiked Buck Mountain with Dolly and Erik.  It's less than 10 minutes from our house, but for some reason, I've never been up there.  The view wasn't as superb as some of the other mountains nearby, but it was still beautiful and we could see our house.


Ryley is breaking out the cookies while the others check out the view.

Our house is in this pic, but it's not easy to find unless you know exactly where it is.

Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks.





JD dug this pond a couple of years ago.

They're in luvvvvv






Sisters

I have excellent back-seat photography skills.

That's all folks.  I hope you're weekend was as lovely as mine (minus the puking kid).


6 comments:

  1. Great pics on the mountain! We will do it with you sometime soon. We had a lovely weekend, too, and no pukers, well, actually, Kate got carsick but not in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know where Buck Mountain is. Where is it in relation to Snake Mountain?

    I love that you were there for creemies so soon after it opened. And maple.....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Waltham, northeast of Snake Mountain. It only took us an hour to get to the top and back. You actually start pretty high, so it's more like a hike most of the way and just goes up at the end. Easy enough for the kids :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelli, I didn't know where Buck Mt. was either.....it might be something to do when we come up in 10 days.
    I'm jealous that I didn't get a maple creemie, they are so delicious.
    I loved all of your pics.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a very busy and fun weekend : ) Your boys are SO cute. I love their first ice creams of the season. It sounds like an interesting flavor for sure. LOVE the price. I just about fainted when I recently took the kids for Rita's Water Ice. It was over $2 for a small this year. Holy wow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy first creemee of the season. I wanna hike Buck Mountain!!

    ReplyDelete