Thursday, April 26, 2012

FPU Update- Birthday on a Budget

It was my birthday last week.  When we made the budget for April, we decided not to budget any money for my birthday.  Right now, it's more important to me to get out of debt than for JD to buy me something that I don't really need.  We planned on staying home and just spending time as a family.  An unnamed benefactor ended up giving JD some cash and telling him to take me out to dinner for my birthday, so we ended up going out after all.  Dolly watched the little people, and JD and I went out to a local restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I received some birthday money from my in-laws and grandfather that will be going towards getting our kitchen/dining/living area painted.  You know you're a grown-up when all you want for your birthday is paint.

With 4 days to go in April, we've spent most of our allocated money for the month.  A couple of things went over the amount we had budgeted, but they were things out of our control like car repairs and fuel bills.  We did well in every other area.  JD worked many more hours in the past two weeks than the100 that we budgeted for, so we were able to put the "extra" into the property tax fund and also pay several bills that are due in May early which will enable us to put some of June's bills into May's budget and keep us ahead of the game.

After watching the FPU lesson on insurance, we realize that we need to make some changes as far as our insurance goes, so we'll be working on that in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment