Monday, October 11, 2010

10/10/10 A Lucky Day?

Yesterday was 10/10/10. People planned weddings and other important events for this "lucky" day. I don't believe in luck. My mom won't even buy greeting cards that have the word 'luck' in them. Will I say "Good Luck" to a sports team or student? Yeah, probably, but I don't believe in luck. I believe everything happens for a reason, and that God has his hand in it. Nothing happens by chance. So, for some, yesterday was a lucky day; for me, it wasn't lucky, but it was blessed.



Baby Quin was baptized yesterday during our church service. I am so blessed to have a healthy baby. He's been colicky, and I've been deprived of sleep, but he's healthy, and that is a huge blessing. I have a friend whose 6 month old baby has lived all but two days of her life in a hospital. Every day, there is a fear that little Kayla won't make it through the day. Kayla's mom's posts on facebook are tear jerkers. I have so much to be thankful for! Along with Quin's health, I have two other beautiful, healthy children. JD and I are healthy. One of my best friends faces cancer every day, and even as she faces that battle, she faces never having biological children. I am blessed. We had a full house of family and friends celebrating Quin's baptism with us, including a friend who stayed later and helped clean up, which including scrubbing baby poop stains out of a baptism outfit. Only a true friend would do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment