Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall in Vermont

Vermont. I've lived here my whole life (except for 4 semesters of college in Iowa). My mom and three of my four siblings live within three miles of me, and family is the main reason that I will never move away.

There are definitely things I dislike about living in Vermont with number one being the cold winters. It seems like I'm always cold, that I never really warm up all winter. I live with goosebumps on my legs, even when indoors. BRRRR. I'm not looking forward to December-March.

Right now, though, it's beautiful in Vermont, and while cooler than I like, the temperature is bearable. The leaves are changing colors, bright mums are being planted in what's left of the flower gardens, and pumpkins and corn stalks adorn front porches. There is a local corn maze which has become a favorite family tradition. This year, they added a hayride which the kids also enjoyed. While I love visiting warmer places and often threaten to move to a milder climate, I think I'd miss Fall in Vermont and such things as apple picking, fresh cider, corn mazes, scarecrows, and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment