Thursday, October 14, 2010

Soccer Mom!

I used to drive a Yukon. Before that, there was a Rendezvous, a Durango, and a Subaru, not to mention a Cavalier, and my very first car, a Beretta. Back to the Yukon. It was nice. It was loaded. The only problem was that it wasn't big enough. Well, it was big enough, there just wasn't enough room in it. For two kids, it was great. Add another and the back seat had to stay up, and there was just enough room for a row of groceries, not enough room for a stroller or any other baby gear that we'd be toting around. Could we get by with a Yukon? Yeah, we could, and that was the plan.

In November of 2009, we went to Florida. We rented a Dodge Caravan. We experienced a minivan. We loved it. Minivan pros: automatic sliding doors (LOVE THEM, no more worries about kids opening their door and hitting the car parked next to us), tons of room for people and stuff (not sure where it comes from as they appear smaller than Yukons and the like), and lots of options (leather, heated seats, moonroof, DVD player, navigation, back-up camera, etc). Cons: it's a minivan (why is that such a stigma?)!

When we found out we were expecting #3, I started looking at Toyota Siennas on ebay and craigslist (Sienna because they are available AWD). I liked them. We didn't NEED one. Somehow, at the beginning of the summer, we bought one. Our Yukon had over 100,000 miles on it. We owed on it what it was worth and JD wanted to trade it in while it was still worth something. We got a minivan, and I love it! My brothers and sister referred to me as a soccer mom. It was okay; I am a mom.

My first grader, Ryley, started playing soccer this fall. That meant that I was really, truly a soccer mom. She had her first game yesterday. We all went. Her grandparents came. She scored the winning goal! I was a proud mama. I drive a minivan. I'm a soccer mom. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment