Thursday, October 21, 2010

Meet Ryley

In the summer of '03, some friends (who had also gotten married in '01) told us that they were expecting. I was extrememly happy for them, but almost cried because I wanted a baby too. It turns out, that we were already expecting ourselves; we just didn't know it yet. I was so excited to meet our little person, that the pregnancy seemed to take forever. I had fun shopping for baby gear, but didn't buy many clothes as we wanted the gender to be a surprise. My maternity leave began, and still there was no baby. I was finally induced 11 days after my due date and met my little "punkin" Ryley. She was a very mellow baby, and turned into a strong-willed toddler and stubborn child. She is smart, often too smart for her own good, but doesn't like to work hard. She's in first grade now, loves soccer and basketball, thought T-ball was boring, loves to read and write, hates doing homework, likes broccoli and bread and not much else, and absolutely loves our dogs, Tucker and Brodie. She's a piece of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment