Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Meme!


Happy Birthday to my mom today!  In honor of her 55th birthday, she's working a 12 hour shift at the hospital where she is a nurse in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (aka "recovery room").  Her work day is book-ended by two days of watching my under-the-weather baby.


 "Meme" and Quin on his birth-day in August of 2010

A few years ago, when JD and I were looking to buy land, one of the only options in our price range was the lot next door to my mom's.  We ended up buying it and putting up a house and have never regretted the close proximity.  Living by Mom means living by my 18 year old sister, Dolly, which is deserving of it's own post.

My mom is much cleaner/neater than I am, so I thought the following picture was appropriate (Please add an s to the caption of the third picture) to share on her birthday:


We'll be celebrating with the family on Sunday.  I'm supposed to make dessert, and it needs to be something everyone will like.  Any suggestions?

2 comments: