Monday, February 13, 2012

Where to begin...

This weekend didn't quite turn out like planned.  It's a good thing that I'm fairly flexible.

Friday night went pretty much according to plans.  Ryley and Zeke were planning on going to Grampy and Grammy's for a sleepover after school.  Zeke went, but Ryley received a last minute invite to go on a trail ride with Aunt Lisi (my aunt) and Macey (her huge horse).  Aunt Lisi and Macey rode over from their house and picked Reagen up.  She was in an almost-eight-year-old-girl's idea of heaven.  She still got to sleep over at G & G's as well.  With the two big kids gone, JD, Quin, and I headed over to Travey and Christa's for dinner.  We took the pack-n-play, and Quin fell asleep there.  We were all exhausted and made an early night of it.

Saturday was supposed to be "catch up on cleaning and laundry day."  It ended up being "wake up sick and lay on the couch day."  The stomach bug hit me hard around 4 a.m. and I was pretty worthless all day.  By around 2 when JD got home from work, we decided to attempt a quick trip to Burlington.  We picked up my prize necklace and then went to the mall where the kids picked out what they wanted to eat at the food court.  Ryley wanted 2 plain cheeseburgers from McDonalds.  Quin decided they looked good, and proceeded to open one and begin eating his first ever cheeseburger.  When we asked him if he liked it, he nodded his head vigorously.  We let the kids browse the toy store for awhile, and Zeke was disappointed that he "couldn't find anything good" for $2, the amount in his wallet.  I found some ice skates on clearance at the sports store and bought Quin some new white onesies.  Yes, we're still on our no-spending spree; I had money left over from a Christmas gift card to the mall, so our little "evening out" only cost $3.



By Sunday, I was feeling normal and took the bigger kids to church.  JD stayed home with Quin as he has some type of bug causing Disgusting Diaper Disasters.  In the afternoon, Ry and I went skating with friends on our neighbors' pond.  We had also gone on Wednesday, which was the first time I had gone skating in about 20 years.  I loved it and decided I needed my own skates.  The kids loved it as well; now we just need skates for JD.

Unfortunately, the DDDs lasted throughout the day, and we decided we shouldn't send Quin to daycare, so I had to go make sub plans in order to stay home with him today.  One of the cool things about working at a small school is that I always know my subs well.  In this case, my friend Julia, who I skated with yesterday, and is also the mom of one of my students, was my sub.  It makes it so easy when the substitute teacher knows all of the kids already.

So, we were home today.  I had a list of things to do as I didn't get my Saturday things done.  JD kept up with getting laundry washed and dried and piled up on the bed, so I just needed to fold it and put it away.  I didn't accomplish everything I hoped to, but had lots of cuddle time with the little guy (and suffered through several more DDDs), managed to go skating for a little while after school, and made Valentines with the kids.  Now, it's way too late, and I'm supposed to be up early to run in the morning...

1 comment: