Saturday, February 4, 2012

Maintaining

Today is about maintaining.  Last weekend my house was in pretty good shape.  We kept up with it most of the week, but by yesterday, I was exhausted and things were starting to slip, and I put them off until today.  So I'm going to make a list (I like crossing things off) and get to work.

I also have to do some major grocery shopping.  Due to my no-spending spree, I didn't even go to the grocery store, and the cupboards are getting a little bare.  I did quite well with the no spending- I don't think I've used my credit card at all.  Dolly and I surprised Mom at work on her birthday and took her out to dinner, but I had a gift card from Christmas.  We did get necessities like milk, diapers, and ginger ale (at the request of Zeke, who couldn't keep anything down).  Quin had to get some immunizations and an antibiotic, but that was a need, not a want.

JD is out ice-fishing this morning with his dad.  He hasn't gone since he was a kid and was pretty excited about it.  He's been working on getting our taxes done, and we should be ready to file by Monday or Tuesday.  It's looking like we won't have to pay this year which is a major improvement over the Great Tax-filing of 2011.

Time to make my list and start crossing things off.  Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Did JD catch anything!?? I love ice fishing.. but never "win" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got a few perch. Now he wants a shanty and all the other gear he "needs" :)

    ReplyDelete